ogc – The OG Calculator
So my yacc studies led me to a series of thoughts about writing my own command-line calculator with integer arithmetics. Which the Windows Calculator is not.
I set the following goals:
- 32-bit integer arithmetics (don’t ask me why, I just need it at work, OK?)
- decimal, octal and hexadecimal formats
- unlimited undo
- a fair amount of memory registers
- ability to continue from the last result (+5 should add 5 to the last result)
- no mouse clicking
- following Unix/GNU conventions
The program’s called ogc. I wrote it in yacc surprisingly quickly. The related info and the sources are available on my dedicated ogc page.